Maple Pecan Shortbread Cookies
Maple Pecan Shortbread Cookies.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 12 Minutes
Chilling Time: 1 Hour
Total Time: 22 Minutes
- 1 cup or 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp maple extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, or with a hand mixer, cream together the butter, and sugar, until light and fluffy
- Add in the salt and then add in the flour, a few batches at a time until fully combined
- Fold in the chopped pecans
- Place a piece of plastic wrap onto your work surface and place dough on top. Shape into a log and wrap in plastic wrap
- Place in refrigerator to chill for 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Remove dough from fridge and slice cookies, about 1/2 inch in thickness. Place cookies on a baking sheet lines with parchment paper or Silpat baking mats about 1 inch apart. Place the sheet pan into the refrigerator for about 10 minutes before baking to ensure cookies are cool before baking.
- Take cookies out of the refrigerator and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown
- Let cool on a pan about 3-5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely
- Once cooled, make the glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar, and maple syrup. Dip each cookie in the glaze and place back on the cooling rack to set
Get Home Value
Selling Your Home?
Get your home's value - our custom reports include accurate and up to date information.